July 17, 2008

Second Honeymoon

I am full this morning. Full of love. For my husband. He is the BEST. Every day I grow more thankful for him, and more in love with him.

Last week we got to get away for a couple days while my parents kept the boys. They did pretty well without us, and we had a wonderful time! I described it the other day as a second honeymoon, almost. It was so refreshing to be together, just the two of us. That phrase makes me laugh because one time at church we were sitting together and a girl was giving words of encouragement from the front. She pointed to us and talked about how the Lord was going to give us a second honeymoon, and how well-suited we are for each other, etc. Everyone started chuckling and looking around... they all knew we weren't married! --- we weren't even engaged yet! We had only been dating about five months at that point.

But here we are six years later and it is coming true in my heart.

I was sharing with a newly-wed the other day about the dynamics of becoming one deep inside, and remembering that season of life. What a unique and mysterious thing, learning to love and give and receive and live with your husband and with Jesus, who all along has been your husband. I started talking about how Jay became Jesus in the flesh to me, and how that blew me away. When I messed up and he kept loving me without batting an eye, my heart would say... hey, I know that love! That is Jesus. That is God's love - unconditional, unwavering, always celebrating my character, never keeping a record of wrongs. Always believing, always hoping, always there...

And the most amazing part is, I get to touch this Jesus person, hug him and thank him and be with him. He is there when I wake up in the morning. I can hear his voice and anticipate his next move. What a gift. What a mystery - of Christ and His bride. The way of a man with a woman.

I am so very grateful, so humbled by your love, my husband. My heart is full.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful. So beautiful.