CIMG3118.JPG
I don't think I ever told you about George. At the time of Cas's second bday (but first bday party, thanks to a few rounds of the stomach virus), Curious George was his favorite. He still is... along with Pooh and Tigger and Thomas and of course Nana. In his head I think he plays the 6 degrees of Curious George. They other day he told me George was somehow involved with ants ( I think that's what he was communicating). I've never seen that show or book, but I'd wager it exists. Because I know about the other ones - the fire truck, the zoo, the chicks, the ice cream truck, the birthday party...
So for the big day I decided to make a George cake, even though I haven't touched a piping tool in 15 years. I borrowed all the gear from my incredible neighbor Heather. To my delight, I found a page w/George bday cake ideas, created a template of my own, baked up a banana muffin recipe, and thoroughly enjoyed every floret and line iced. Jay would insert a big laugh here and tell about the storm that came through in the middle of cake-icing that night... tornado sirens were going off, he was collecting flashlights and children, and I just kept piping until he told me it was time to get in the closet!!! I was in the zone, man. I spent $12 on icing dye -- the cost of trying to live a non-hydrogenated-oil life -- but Cas was thrilled when he saw George the next morning. And I have to say I was too!

No comments:
Post a Comment