Cas loves his piggy bank. Loves putting money in it. With Christmas approaching, we emptied it out, sorted the coins ( I did the nickels), and planned a trip to Walgreens to shop for presents. Our shopping day ended up being later at the Dollar Tree in Knoxville, so I wasn't able to correlate his money to buying and giving, etc... but we still had fun sorting through the various items growing inside the blue pig. Can you see the shriveled brown Cheerios? I think they were soggy out of the bowl when they were plunked into the darkness. There was a strange white and/or green powder/stickiness affecting much of the coinage. Nice.
We also had fun at the Dollar Tree - we did one person at a time. OK, Cas, it's time to shop for Daddy John's present. What would he like? To which Cas surveyed a couple of kiosks and soon pointed decidedly to a rubber Christmas tree ice tray. THIS one! I gave him absolute freedom. Well, except when he chose these really ugly ornaments for Jay's present. At first I put them in the cart, but upon review, I just couldn't stomach them being on MY beautiful (albeit ornament-bare-on-the-lower-half) Christmas tree. So I steered him to the kitchen utensils section and asked him which one Dada would like. So Dada got an ice cream scoop. (We already have 2.)

No comments:
Post a Comment