December 28, 2008

Bigger, Bigger

Cas is thriving at his preschool. His class sang Deck the Halls at a little Christmas program. Well, he's not much of a singer, so the Fa-lalalala part was wagging his tongue back and forth, like licking his lips kind of. The rest of the song he was copying the boys next to him climbing on the railing and saying CHEESE (he is really good at this) to all the parents donning cameras on the front row.

This piece of artwork is my favorite so far. I just bought him a size 11.5 pair of shoes. (Not his racing shoes, he has informed me. The brown ones retain the title of Racing Shoes.) I don't know what an average almost-three-year old's shoe size is, but I'm willing to bet it is no where close to an 11.5. He has grown just about 4.5 inches in 2008, measuring in at over 40 inches, and just as many pounds. It's getting really odd to see such a big boy still in diapers! I'm trying to get him into potty training, but he is still resisting. Bummer. Need to figure that one out.

He talks about getting bigger, bigger, bigger often - then he will be able to do this or that. Today I was untangling a stocking-stuffer slinky and told him I couldn't fix it. He told me to do my best. I said I did. 'Try first one last time, mama. (one more time.) Mama's best.' I kept trying, but to no avail. He then said, 'mama get bigger bigger, mama fix it?'

1 comment:

Lori said...

Judah wore a size 7 when he was 3, but his foot is short and wide (no idea where he gets it). :0) The pictures of you in the last few posts are so beautiful. I especially like the one of you next to all your boys. Gorgeous.