We LOVE honor! In fact, when Jay and I began our relationship, he spoke something to me that sealed the deal right then and there:
My heart is to honor you, he said. I told that to several friends when I called to tell them of my BOYFRIEND!! aaahhhhh!!!!! They were all in amazement, as I was, and still am. Let me tell you, his heart is realized every day in our marriage. And I try my best to honor him in return.
I would define honor as respecting, lifting up, holding in high regard, praising, highlighting all the good, being grateful, and in a certain sense obeying and coming under authority. When I have the opportunity to honor someone, or when I see someone else honored, my heart explodes! (I am equally disgusted when I come across dishonor. Yikes! Hits a huge button.) When I participate in honoring someone, I am participating in God's heart for them. The kingdom is full of honor... and it all comes from and makes its way back to the Throne!
When Christ was fully man and He let us in on some of His conversations with the Father, we see how the Trinity constantly honored each other. This is My Son, in whom I am well-pleased... I only do what I see the Father doing... It is better for you if I go, so you can have the Holy Spirit... They are constantly speaking highly of each other. What a model for us.
My husband is really good at sharing about all this - he really carries it in his heart. He talks about the word honor in the OT being the same word for GLORY, as in:
It is the weighty presence of God - the same presence that (what's his name? Obed-Edom?) had when the ark was in his house, and all the days after.
...Be blessing and honor and glory and power forever...
I will try to add more later - check again!
No comments:
Post a Comment