May 26, 2008

the most important day of my life

I feel like Anne of Green Gables... what was the name of that essay contest she entered? It was a flour company. Anyone?

Real Simple magazine is asking for 1500-word essays on 'the most important day of your life.' If I were to write, I can't figure out what day to write about... the day I was born? the day I was born again? my first date (non-date) with my husband? The day I became a wife? The day I became a mother? Today?

The day I asked Jesus into my heart was obviously huge, but I don't want to be too religious - and it would only take a couple hundred words to tell.

The day our family started, as I say to Cas, would certainly fill a few pages, but that sounds so cliche.

Here's one - the day I decided to go to my church. I have become a much better, free-er version of who I am, met the Holy Spirit, figured out that God is really good and He really loves me, met my husband, and made all kinds of amazing friends because of being at my church. Hmmm... could I make that interesting and not too religious? I don't know. Mostly about the interesting part. I actually decided on GC as my church before I even set foot in the building.

This is getting me thinking. Or I could do the day I chose my college, which put me in this town, which led me to this church...

Any suggestions?

No comments: