Is a strain of mold found mostly in tropical areas. It is the only thing - out of 70 - that tested negative when I got pricked by the allergist last week. That's right, folks... trees, grass, pollen, cats, dogs, dust mites, cockroaches (?), mold - you name it, my body freaks out around it!!!
I actually feel like this is major headway in my journey to feel good. I'll be getting allergy shots for the next 3 years, and it will be worth every prick to no longer respond to so many allergens.
I've been reading about asthma and allergies and found out what happens inside your body during an allergic reaction. Certain white blood cells are watchmen, looking out for foreign dangers. When they spot a bacteria, or in this case an allergen, they call in the troops (other white blood cells) to bomb and charge the heck out of the intruders - in turn taking out the good cells near the intruders. Hosts of ground and air troops come in via blood vessels that dilate to allow their passage. This is what inflammation is.
So when I breathe in a speck of pollen, my body does everything it can to destroy it. All this bombing kills good cells too, and can even leave scarring and scar tissue over time. All the battle also inflames my airways, aka asthmatic symptoms. It also stands to reason that since my body overreacts to the allergens, it doesn't have as much firepower against legitimate enemies. Since I'm allergic to everything around me, my body is basically doing this ALL THE TIME. No wonder I am run down and get sick a lot!
Another clue unravels... and with it a solution, thank God!
No comments:
Post a Comment