November 17, 2007

He's here!

I promise, I will add pictures later. It's taking forever to upload and my time is limited! John Kay, born Sept 29, is awesome! Baby Jake has lots of brown hair with blonde and RED highlights and undertones. His birth, miraculous and full of joy, was so redeeming for Jay and I. Cas loves his brother - he smothers him (literally) in hugs and kisses every day, tells me how to care for Jake, and squeals whenever he hears the slightest baby's cry coming from the bedroom. For the first few weeks, the first thing he said each morning was "Jetch? Jetch?" (Jake, that is). We've had some hitting, biting, and falling, but 90% of it is accidental or done with the intent of playing or showing affection, so I usually don't get too upset.

I love having two boys. I love being a family of four. It is much more than twice the fun (and twice the work!)

I've got to carve out some Rachel enrichment times, though - I need it now even more, so I don't lose myself in dirty floors and sippy cup searches and cries of hunger! And so I attempt to re-enter the world of blogging.

No comments: