August 29, 2007

T-minus 5 weeks

Well, it looks like we have survived the mother of all heat waves. This boy is going to hear all about the record-breaking summer I bore him through! It's amazing how much better I've felt in the last couple days since it's cooled down to a mere 92 or so. Our A/C is doing great this week but could not compete with the 100 to 107 degree temps of the previous three weeks!

The c-section is scheduled for 7:30am on Mon, Oct 1. On this day in history, William Rhenquist, Jimmy Carter, and Julie Andrews were born. The USPS began special deliveries, the first world series began, the Model T hit the market, the People's Republic of China was formed, Johnny Carson debuted on the Tonight Show, Disney World opened, and Michael Jackson's white glove was stolen. Oh, and two of my friends' sons were born. Sounds like a good day to be born! Of course he may come earlier, but I hope not!

Cas was born on the equivalent of Sept. 5th, a week from today. Strange and a little un-nerving!

I am getting excited about meeting this little guy, and apprehensive about the exhaustion and chaos that will ensue. But I know it will be worth it.

No comments: